Tuesday, May 27, 2014

"Photoshoot" in Montclair

Last Monday, Dylan and I performed at the Van Vleck House in Montclair, New Jersey. 

The Van Vleck House and Gardens was donated to the town of Montclair by the Van Vleck family. The grounds of the house are used as a park for the townspeople. It was built in 1916 and was the property of the Van Vleck family until 1993 when it was turned over to The Montclair Foundation. 

Something that I found very interesting about this house is that weddings are not allowed to take place on the gorgeous grounds! The granddaughter of the man who owned this house fought very hard with the city to have her wedding there. Eventually she was allowed to have her wedding at this house, but she seems to have been the only exception because the city will not allow weddings do to certain zoning laws. This disappointed me very much because as you will see in the pictures, it looks like the perfect place for a wedding. 

Without further ado, here are the pictures that mom took of Dylan and me.







Playing in a venue like the Van Vleck house required the proper wardrobe. I felt very elegant in my new dress and shoes. While walking around in this beautiful house and gardens, I was transported to the setting of a Jane Austen novel, expecting Elizabeth Bennet to appear at any moment!

I'd love to play more gigs in such scenic surroundings. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love your comments! Thanks for stopping by!