One Tuesday this past December, I had a wonderful joy-filled Christmas Tea with Miss. Kathy. We had some fun with the mischievous elves - Desmond and Sebastian, and took a few pictures. For more Christmas Tea fun, be sure to check out Miss. Kathy at The Writers Reverie.
"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year."
- Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol
Desmond and Sebastian planning mischief, perhaps?
Sebastian with the party.
Copperfield on the hunt for cheese and apples.
It looks as if Sebastian and Desmond have already stolen some for him!
Miss. Kathy and I prepared some wonderful cookies for our tea!
Here's a recipe for the cookies I made!
3 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 1/2 Cups Butter, softened
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
2 Tablespoons Milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl, use electric mixer to beat butter and sugar fluffy and light.
- To the butter and sugar mixture, add in egg, milk, and extracts.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and beat till well mixed.
- Put in cookie press with the shape disks of your choice (does not need to be chilled).
- Press individual cookies onto an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Decorate with sprinkles, etc. as desired.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until light golden brown.
- Let cool on rack after 2 minutes cooling on sheet.
It's time to put away all of the Christmas decorations now that we've begun the new year. However, spritz cookies are good for enjoying anytime, especially with a nice cup of tea.
Sharing Christmas Tea this week with:
Let’s Talk Vintage with Jill at Bella Rosa Antiques
Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at Delightsome Life
Sandi’s Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage
Ruth’s Antiques and Teacups